As Summer begins, I am taking time just to set goals for the next 6 weeks and as I have, I am revisiting this….. 5 things Written in March, but Response written today. Have I been successful since March in these areas? Somedays… maybe… but most days, probably not. Good thing I am a work in progress!
My prayer is that He continues to work on me and through me, taking me out of the picture so that people simply see Him through me. Lord may I become less and you become more.
Here is the list of 5 things I am working through. Feel free to hold me accountable. 🙂
1. I shouldn’t rob others from a blessing just because I have too much pride to accept help from others. I can’t always be the fixer.
2. I must be intentional about and mindful of being a blessing to others. I must not be too busy to see what others around me need and how I can love God by loving others.
3. Take compliments and say thank you. I do not like to be the center of attention if the subject is focused on me, and when someone gives me a compliment I usually try to explain it away. I should simply say thank you and accept it.
4. I need to use more time to praise God for who He is and not what He does or will do or can do….. I need to praise Him and then shut my mouth and listen to Him…. Relationships go 2 ways…. Especially with my Heavenly Father, I need to listen and heed His instructions.
5. When life is frustrating,people are frustrating, disappointment comes, or even news happens that I want to talk about with someone… I need to stop 1st and pray about the frustrations, pray for the person, bring the disappointment before my Lord, and even pray about the news I heard before sharing it with anyone else. Because it may be that He is the only one who needs me to vent, process, or talk through those things.
Response: So, I have to say, #5 is the hardest for me. I tend to want to talk through things with someone as a sounding board. In recent days I am learning to rely on Him more as I work through life stuff. This verse was brought to my attention the other day… It is one I have posted on my mirror in my bathroom as of this week to learn and hopefully live out in the world around me.
“Put on then, as God’s chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience, bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony.” -Colossians 3:12-14