Life does not go as you would always expect. Life happens, plans change, people change, and nothing seems to stay the same… and yet, somethings never change.
As a teacher, school has begun. It is busy as always, getting everything in order and back into a routine. This year, for me, however, has been a life interrupted. Because of the craziness, I have been very humbled and encouraged.
As I sit here writing, we are 10 weeks into the school year. During the 2nd week of school a family emergency occurred. My father went into emergency surgery for an aortic dissection, which is very critical. We were not promised he would make it out of this surgery. During the process of discovering the issue that was causing him discomfort and pain, they also discovered 2 other issues. He had a tumor in his kidney and an aneurysm in his abdomen. Had the emergency not happened, not sure when the other 2 issues would have been found. Thankful does not begin to express the feeling my family has.
I have learned and been reminded of some things over the past 2 month.
- God is good – Not because my Dad is still with us. He would have been good either way, but He has sustained us through the fear and unknown. It is humbling to realize that we are not promised even the next breath…
- Time is important and I want to use each second given to me to Honor Christ and encourage others. I can’t waste time on regrets, anger, irritation, etc…
- Little things matter, and so do people and family.
- We all waste too much time on things and stuff, and not enough time on what does matter.
- Juggling all of life is hard. Thankful for those that step along side me on the journey.
- I have an amazing family.
I cannot even express how grateful I am for the miracles that have happened over the past 2 month, or even show gratitude to my precious people who have loved me well through it all. Those near and far that have prayed, encouraged, hugged me, let me cry, cooked or brought us food/snacks, made us laugh, sent encouraging messages, celebrated with us as we saw God continuously do a miracle. I am so blessed to have you all in my life.
“I thank my God in all my remembrance of you, always offering prayer with joy in my every prayer for you all, in view of your participation in the gospel from the first day until now. For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus. For it is only right for me to feel this way about you all, because I have you in my heart,..” Philippians 1:3-7
God’s not done with Dad yet………..I can’t wait to see what assignment He has for him to do next!