Blessed are those who fear the Lord,
who find great delight in his commands.
Their children will be mighty in the land;
the generation of the upright will be blessed.
Wealth and riches are in their houses,
and their righteousness endures forever.
There are some things in life there is just nothing that can prepare you until you experience it. I have lost relatives, friends, students… however, the loss of a parent is like nothing I have ever experienced. However, I am thankful for the 41 years my Daddy was here to teach me, love me, and protect me. There are countless things that I have learned from his legacy, that I pray I can carry on and live out, and make him proud.
- If something is worth doing, it is worth doing right.
- Family is the most important relationships you can have. When my Mammaw was in the nursing home, Dad went by every evening and fed her. He took care of her, just like she took care of him when he was younger.
- It is important to sometimes sacrifice for now to gain more in the future.
- The simple life can be the best life.
- You do not need praise for helping others, you just help and go on about life.
- There is always better ways to do things, improvement is important.
- You can be a football fan without it ruling your life.
- Stand by the things you believe in and don’t compromise.
- When you are not sure about something, ask for advice.
- Expect excellence.
- Work hard.
These are just a few of the many life lessons. There are so many more that I have learned over the years. The past week and a half has been hard. My family and I have shared memories and laughed, sometimes through tears…. I know sad days will happen, but thankfully we know Dad is in heaven. He is walking and talking with Jesus.
I cannot imagine grieving without hope. All the more reason to go and share Christ with those around me. I do not want others to experience grief without the hope and peace of Christ.
It all comes down to living a life worthy of Christ. Loving God and loving others. No earthly recognition needed.